Zonta of the Southern Black Hills is offering scholarship(s) up to $1,000 for a non-traditional female student planning on attending (or currently attending) an accredited college, university or trade school.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of need, community activities and good citizenship.
The Zonta Scholarship committee will conduct a personal interview with each candidate prior to making a final award decision.
SCHOLARSHIP SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Complete scholarship application by typing or neatly printing in ink. Attach additional sheets if necessary.
- Enclose a short essay written by you outlining your community and school activities, your employment history, and future goals including what you hope to gain from this education. Include what specific financial needs you have regarding your education (such as tuition, books, babysitting, travel, etc.).
- Applicant must be a current resident of the Southern Black Hills.
- Applicants are required to be, at a minimum, a part-time student.
- Enclose one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor or employer.
- Enclose a photo of yourself.
- Mail completed application packet to the address below:
Zonta Club of the Black Hills Applications and documents must be postmarked no later than
PO Box 368
Custer, SD 57730-0368
Applications and documents must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2018.
For questions contact a Zonta member or e-mail to email@example.com.
ZONTA OF THE SOUTHERN BLACK HILLS
NON-TRADITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
PHONE: ______________________________Date of Birth___________________________
NAME & ADDRESS of accredited school you are (or will be) attending:
STUDENT ID #:_____________________________________________________________
Have you applied for any other Scholarships or Grants? YES NO
Amount(s) received and from whom:_______________________________________
Amount(s) expected to be received in the future and from whom?
Have you completed an application for Federal Financial Aid? YES NO
Please provide your academic record (even a GED score)?___________________________