September 20, 2017
Washington, DC – It’s called the Graham-Cassidy bill, and it could be the worst health care proposal yet. It would be a disaster for older Americans who are already facing high health care costs.
The Senate only has until September 30th to pass this bill with 51 votes, and they’re trying to rush it through.It’s urgent that your Senators hear from you today.
Here’s what to do:
- Call 1-844-586-9567 and follow the instructions to be connected to your Senator’s office.
- Tell the staff person that you’re counting on your Senator to oppose the Graham-Cassidy bill, which would cut health care and raise costs for older Americans.
- Repeat the process for your other Senator, to make sure they vote to protect your health care, too.
The Graham-Cassidy bill may be the worst health care bill considered by Congress this year. It contains:
- Deep cuts to Medicaid, threatening access to nursing homes and the ability of seniors to live at home, and leading millions to losing health coverage.
- Price gouging for people with preexisting conditions like cancer, diabetes, and asthma.
- An age tax, which could cost older Americans thousands of dollars more each year.
Senate leaders know that the American people don’t support these extreme measures. So they’re trying to rush this bill into law, with no debate and no independent analysis of its impacts. That’s unacceptable.
Advocates like you made the difference in stopping the Senate’s last destructive health care bills. When you speak out, your leaders in Washington listen. So please, make your voice heard today.
Call 1-844-586-9567 and tell Sen. Thune and Sen. Rounds that you’re counting on them to stop this terrible health care bill today.
Thanks so much for stepping up again and again on this important issue. The millions of Americans whose health care hangs in the balance thank you, too.