KEYSTONE, SD – Celebrate President’s Day at Mount Rushmore National Memorial and enjoy the sounds of Offutt Brass. The brass ensemble of the United States Air Force Heartland of America Band will be performing in the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center Theater from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm on February 20, 2017.
Stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, the band is comprised of two trumpets, a French horn, trombone, tuba, and percussion. They perform a wide variety of music from classical to jazz and popular music. According to the band, “These talented Airman musicians proudly represent the more than 313,000 Air Force professionals around the world who relentlessly protect and defend the freedoms we cherish.”
There is no fee for the concert, however the $10 parking fee will be in effect. Active duty military personnel will park for free and parking for seniors is half price. Keep the parking receipt; it is valid for one year of parking at Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
For additional information about the site please visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial’s official website at http://www.nps.gov/moru or call (605) 574-2523.
The dates, times and locations for performances includes February:
- 18, 7:30 p.m. – Community Center Theatre, Belle Fourche
- 19, 4 p.m. – Community Center Theater, Sturgis
- 20, Noon – Mount Rushmore National Memorial amphitheater
- 20, 7:30 p.m. – Mueller Civic Center, Hot Springs
- 21, 7 p.m. – Douglas High School Auditorium, Box Elder
- 22, 7 p.m. – Performing Arts Center Historic Theater, Rapid City
- 23, 7:30 p.m. – Meier Recital Hall, Black Hills State University, Spearfish
Band officials noted that the performances are made possible through the support provided by local area partners including various local newspapers, city facilities and area arts councils. A short musical program will also be performed at Mount Rushmore on Presidents Day. In addition, Offutt Brass will perform master classes for music students at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology and Black Hills State University.