ELLSWORTH AIR FORCE BASE, S.D. – Offutt Brass, the brass ensemble of the U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band headquartered at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, is scheduled to provide entertainment and mentoring seminars throughout western South Dakota Feb. 17-23.
Comprised of two trumpets, a French horn, trombone, tuba and percussion, Offutt Brass showcases the Air Force’s excellence, precision and innovation in every performance. From classical to jazz, popular hits to patriotic tunes, the group performs music that appeals to a wide range of age groups.
The dates, times and locations for performances includes:
- 18, 7:30 p.m. – Community Center Theatre, Belle Fourche
- 19, 4 p.m. – Community Center Theater, Sturgis
- 20, Noon – Mount Rushmore National Memorial amphitheater
- 20, 7:30 p.m. – Mueller Civic Center, Hot Springs
- 21, 7 p.m. – Douglas High School Auditorium, Box Elder
- 22, 7 p.m. – Performing Arts Center Historic Theater, Rapid City
- 23, 7:30 p.m. – Meier Recital Hall, Black Hills State University, Spearfish
Band officials noted that the performances are made possible through the support provided by local area partners including various local newspapers, city facilities and area arts councils. A short musical program will also be performed at Mount Rushmore on Presidents Day. In addition, Offutt Brass will perform master classes for music students at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology and Black Hills State University.